Help with ID

Dec 3, 2016
Pennsylvania
So I bought what I THOUGHT were two Gold nugget Plecos. However I'm not sure and they have spawned time and time again and I wish to sell some of them and want to make sure I properly list them. Lol can anyone help???

Johnny

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ok so I was able to get a few picture of the young to load. Still having trouble get a picture of either one of the adults. Both adults are 3-6 inches in length. They are the only Plecos in the tank other than the 40 to 50 young that I have in the tank. Now that I know I can breed them I want to ID them in hopes of selling or trading...

Attachments

Last edited:

YSR50

Apr 29, 2009
Chicago-ish
Ok so I was able to get a few picture of the young to load. Still having trouble get a picture of either one of the adults. Both adults are 3-6 inches in length. They are the only Plecos in the tank other than the 40 to 50 young that I have in the tank. Now that I know I can breed them I want to ID them in hopes of selling or trading...
Common BN (bristle nose) as dw1305 has said

Dec 3, 2016
Pennsylvania
As you can see from these two pictures the adults do not have bristles one the ends of their heads. :-/ But atleast now I have a decent picture of one of the adults. The other adult would not stay still long enough for me to grab my camera. Although it also doesn't have bristles on the end of the head...

Attachments

Dec 3, 2016
Pennsylvania
Looks like your right. I was able to get him to a point where I could snap a quick picture before he swam off. Looks to me like he has bristles on the end of his head. Lol Thank you! Next question. Is there a market for these guys? I have about 40 young ones in various sizes in my tank. They are eating roughly 5-10 algae wafers a day....

Attachments

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
I have about 40 young ones in various sizes in my tank. They are eating roughly 5-10 algae wafers a day....
You could try them on vegetables, they are pretty keen on Sweet Potato, Zucchini, Capsicum Pepper etc.
Next question. Is there a market for these guys?
Yes and no, it depends a little bit where you live. Because they are one of the easiest plecs to breed, some areas will be saturated with fish and there isn't really a market for them.

Do you have a LFS that you could ask? You may be able to swap them for a store credit.

cheers Darrel