L205

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I noticed you do not have L205 profile pics. Well get on wiff it! :thumbup:
Here are a couple I have uploaded of mine to the gallery for you.

First one is a older juvenile. He has lost the juvenile black striping on the face and it is becoming spotty.

These are very near to adults and have their spotty faces.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hallo Elko,

Thanks for that. With the similarities to the 205, what makes you think they are not 205 ? cheers jan-kurt :thumbup:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Point taken on the profile next one to do then?

I do hope the disputes over ID don't lead to a Peckoltia hybrid debate like with Hypans?

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

If you follows the revision of Peckoltia (Armbruster, 2008), then Peckolita brevis (LDA 78) and Peckoltia sp. "L 205" identical. (Then you should also write Peckoltia brevis. ;) )

Peckolita brevis (LDA 78) and Peckoltia sp. "L 205" but can be clearly distinguished. The most easily recognizable difference is the fine dots on the head:
Peckoltia sp. "L205"- the fine points goes to the dorsal fin.
Peckoltia brevis - the fine points, stops well before the dorsal fin.

P. brevis has aged an orange color. The body shape is different.
(Look Seidel/Evers "Wels Atlas 2" or Seidel "Back to nature" )

Greetings
Elko

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Hi,

If you follows the revision of Peckoltia (Armbruster, 2008), then Peckolita brevis (LDA 78) and Peckoltia sp. "L 205" identical. (Then you should also write Peckoltia brevis. ;) )

Peckolita brevis (LDA 78) and Peckoltia sp. "L 205" but can be clearly distinguished. The most easily recognizable difference is the fine dots on the head:
Peckoltia sp. "L205"- the fine points goes to the dorsal fin.
Peckoltia brevis - the fine points, stops well before the dorsal fin.

P. brevis has aged an orange color. The body shape is different.
(Look Seidel/Evers "Wels Atlas 2" or Seidel "Back to nature" )

Greetings
Elko
Also the 'brevis' can have a sometimes almost pink base colouration according to Back to nature

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Have edited both the LDA78 and L205. The L205 is now an L205 and not an brevis, the profile for the brevis is done, thank you Bob:D
Thank you Brenda for photos:D

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
parents

These are the parents of the fish that Brengun has posted in this thread. I bought them as L205 so can someone please confirm whether they are l205 or lda78 or l405???????

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
:lol: from squiggles lines or interbreeding and mis Ids, to dots and stripes and mis Ids. wow gets very hard now. I think you have the LDA78, purely on the fact that if these are the parent of Brendas fish and they have been confirmed as LDA78, then the parents are also LDA78. cheers jk :thumbup:
PS Stunning male

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
parents

These fish are 100% the parents of Brenguns fish I have two pairs left. The pictures below being one pair and the other pair is identical.

They frequently change colours from a black with tan stripes to an orangeish colour when not stressed.

Thanks JK :thumbup:

Cheers Henk

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
colour

The colour they normally are when not stressed is more like the colour of the head and fins that are seen in the pictures of the fish below orangy/pinkish.

When stressed they go black and tanish/whiteish sort of ishish

Cheers Henk