White Patches L65

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Any Ideas what this ailment is?

This is one of my 2 female Pseudas. She has possibly bred in the past not sure who was the mom. So I don't want to lose her. I have lost two others in the same tank over these years to this disease. Even one that I had treated in a Hospital Tank no meds, had horrible blood colored and salmon colored lesions almost no dorsal fin. Recovered nicely only to die several months later.

I have a feeling it could be fin rot?

She is obviously distressed and not hiding in the numerous caves in there which makes me think it could be a critical stage.

No other fish including year old fry are effected.

I am thinking daily %2o water changes until I can get some kind of pleco safe med and put her in Hospital tank. I am broke/without funds for the next couple of days.

Meds I have on hand are, Metrodiazinole, Erythromycin or E.M Pro and Prazipro, Epsom Salt and Aquarium Salt.

[ame="http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/HR_Haku_Cardenas/media/IMG_5977_zps8157d595.jpg.html"]IMG_5977_zps8157d595.jpg Photo by HR_Haku_Cardenas | Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/HR_Haku_Cardenas/media/IMG_5980_zpscfc1a68f.jpg.html"]IMG_5980_zpscfc1a68f.jpg Photo by HR_Haku_Cardenas | Photobucket[/ame]

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
I'd agree, pretty classic fighting wounds. With pseudacanthacus the damage can be pretty extreme due to their dentition.

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Ahh thanks! I have only two other adults one female and one male L-65 no other fish other fry.. There are two long cylinder pleco caves and one cichlid cave(the algae covered one in the pic), and some driftwood to hide under . I hope that will be enough hiding spots, maybe they are fighting over territory. I think I will need to get a bigger tank for them they are in a 40 gl breeder they have probably long since outgrown it.

I appreciate the help everyone!

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
you will def need a larger tank and also def more hidding spots. Again I suspect fighting wounds. I would place him in a Quarantine tank for the time being to let him recover. cheers jk :thumbup: