L202 log

Filayer

Jul 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia.
Hey guys, just acquired a trio of L202 I'm confident I have 1 male 2 female all over 7cm. One females currently Gravid so I have a slight head start.
Tank is a 4 x 2 x 2 with a sump and is shared with a pair of albino BN's and a trio of orangespots. Albino and orange spots have established territories in ten middle and right of the tank. I sent a clay tube and a plastic ornament of a log for his part of the tank, as I expected he took to the ornament over the log. This is good as the ornament is suitable for him to breed in but the orange spot and albinos are too big to disturb him in there also.
Ph is around 7, temp is 26 ill need another heater to go higher. Tank has current aswell.

Filayer

Jul 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia.
Male has been investigating the breeding logs. This afternoon and the next 3 days I'm going to do 15-20% water change to see if I can bring on some fanning. Will post pics/video once he's started and isn't so shy.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
i would have done the following. As you are introducing a newtype of L, I would have rearranged all of the caves and ornaments, in order for the males and females to seek and look for each others caves to mark their new territories and not fight each other etc. I would make sure you have one cave (min per 1 L) as a minimum at least for each Ls . Tough times ahead. cheers jan ME Again

Filayer

Jul 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia.
Haven't been any fights over territory, tanks 4x2.5x 2.5, the orange spots occupy roughly a foot, the albinos are submissive to the 202 and only occupy a foot aswell, leaves the 202's with a nice 2 foot area to them selves, tank is decently decorated, and there are 3 spare tubes ( 2 tubes per male ).
After last nights water change the 202 male has shown more confidence with his log ( I am working on making him a smaller tighter fitting one but that's still a week or 2 off ). Won't be surprised if he starts fanning with today's water change.