My Peps bred, But it wasn't the best results. ..

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
I have been waiting for ages for my peps to get jiggy, Well finally a few months back he got the idea, after a week or so of not letting in the female, he let her in and kicked them the next morning, ok, so he's new at this, so I leave em to it, nothing for a month or more, I added another female, within a month, they have a spawn, He kicks them too, grr, I save them, just a small clutch, female is a virgin too, So I raise them myself, over an air riser off a sponge filter, in a fry saver, some eggs were clear some were a lovely healthy yellow, some went white, some stayed clear & some hatched, I had 3 left after a few days, all was going well for them, then I was surprise to find two with their sacs punctured, I am thinking the Endlers may have sucked on them, I can't think of any other reason why this could have happened..anyway. It's only the beginning for the trio.
Result
One lone healthy pep bubs. watching the progress of his changing colouration was amazing..withing 3 days he had a few spots already ..

Here are the three before there was one :whistle:

Beginning to hatch, Just a head poking out.

Hatched

& then there was one :cry: starting to get colour pigment..Day 4

One is better than none :whistle:

I'll update as it grows hopefully :D

Last edited:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
He's still doing ok, now he just has to eat, he could already have been, I wasn't home today to watch him like I do lol ..but there is food in there if he is peckish yet...

Benjamin

Oct 15, 2010
cooma nsw
haha im so glad i saw this.
ive never had a pep spawn before and they did.. day 3 or 4 just after the egg sack was gone they were/are looking alot like common bn, i also have common longifn in the same tank that are breeding but i couldnt see why a pep male was sitting on common longfin eggs, so hopefully they come good and are peps.. i only had 8 eggs to start with. my fry saver fell down and 3 escaped so i only have 5 in the fry saver at the moment.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Congrats on your eggies, Glad the topic help ease your mind Benjamin,

He is eating like a little trouper lol, Will update with new pics soon as I get 200 or so off the cam and edit lol a few ..

Well done on photo's a great way of iding the colour change for others to see.

If the dad doe's it again get another male,my dads are all doing great all are producing 50 plus each at a guess.

I was shocked at first by the fry colour,i was looking around as you did to see wether something else was in the tank!

shrimpy12

Dec 30, 2012
NSW
iv got a few peps in my main tank but im not sure if they are ready to breed, how old and how big to they have to be to breed?
gj on the successful breed

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
The Endlers were in the tank the saver was in, they sucked the eggs through the slits :/
anyway
The little one is still kicking, a sub adult now :D & It now has 5 new juvie friends to play with :thumbup: