Few photo's from Brazil trip

kevaldo

Jul 24, 2011
England
Hi all, promised ages ago that id post some pic's of the trip i took to Brazil with Neil (Pier Aquatics) so here they are.......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ill upload some more when i get some more time

Kev

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Yes mate, still trying to find the best rock. Ive found a place that has wet saws that can slice rock like a hot knife through butter. They can also drill 0.75" - 1.25" holes fro caves.

Gonna get that limpopo sand aswell.

kevaldo

Jul 24, 2011
England
Drilling the rocks is a great idea, how much does it cost to have them drilled?

I really like the Limpopo sand, seems to be quite popular in the hobby

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Very envious, is a trip we should all do before we die.

I remember Gecko was looking into it when I met him in Singapore wonder if he ever made it.

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
I spoke to Laurence (Gecko) a few times on the phone in 2009 he hadn't been by then. He has to many work commitments. Might have a go mimicing the rock formation in the picture in an Amano style hardscape.....

The trouble I'm having finding the right rock, thought I found the perfect one but it turned out to be calcium based. Lumps of black/grey slate is looking like my best option for the time being.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
I spoke to Laurence (Gecko) a few times on the phone in 2009 he hadn't been by then. He has to many work commitments.
I know he is a busy guy! This was Oct 2010 when me and the missus met with him in Singapore, went to C328 and had some lunch with him.