Feeding with Veggies

m9130

Mar 19, 2015
North Carolina
I want to start feeding my pleco with cucumber and I got to thinking would he eat the seeds or do I need seedless cucumbers? Is blanching my veggies necessary? :dk: Some people say to blanch all veggies and others say not to because it removes most of the nutrients.

fishface

Mar 17, 2015
W Texas USA
The only veggies I blanch are ones that are really hard (sweet potato, etc.). Since I have only catfishes I have to clean my tanks frequently anyway so the seeds are just part of the job. Zucchini is probably a better option nutrition-wise as cucumber isn't very nutritious.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
you can also try spinach, green or red bell peppers too. Raw , skin down, however some L's like the skin of zucchini and wont eat the inside , you'll have to experiment to see what they dig. HTH

TeamSherman

Jun 8, 2015
Sydney
The guy I just got my Peppermints from showed me that he just slices a whole zucchini down the middle length ways and just weighs it down with a fork and on the first night I had put them in my tank they absolutely demolished one half seeds and all! I've never seen Peppermints eat so much in one night until I got these big ones! And the fact I didn't blanch them has kept the water pretty clean also! It's raining today so I'm going to do the first water clean and most of that zucchini should be passed by now so I'll add another half to the tank tonight after today's clean up.