Spotted cory ID please.

Emily

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago
Hi everyone! This is my first post; I'm hoping one of you can help me out. I bought a group of cories last week and don't think they were labeled correctly. I was told they were corydoras brochi but they look closer to gomezi to me. Any ideas? Thanks much!

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
First the disclaimer that I'm cr*p at ID's, but I don't think they are C. blochi either, are they more obviously long-snouted than is apparent from the photo? they look like they may be long-snouted, but it isn't a very clear photo. C. gomezi or C. leopardus?

If they aren't long-snouted? they may be C. trilineatus.

cheers Darrel

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Sorry Darrel, managed to miss the last line of your post :-D
When I looked at them initially I thought they were thin C. trilineatus, but the head shape is too pointy. I think Corydoras ID is right up there in difficulty with Stripy Hypancistrus and Apistogramma ID.

I've just had a look at this thread on PlanetCatfish, and apparently they are either C102 or C. gomezi or C. leopardus. <http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39948>. If they don't know on PC what they are, I don't think there is much hope for the rest of us.

cheers Darrel

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Just wait till there little larger then repost but they look like trilineatus to me
They look healthy and happy aswell good buy keep up the good work