News From The House Of Hypan

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
In May I visited Pier and Rare, Originally to pick up what could be some L102,s from Jo.
These came in with a shipment of L201,s I brought the 4 that were defiantly not L201.
I can only say for sure they are upper Rio Orinoco,
I placed them in a 18" cube and waited. Today I have two males in caves one is fanning like crazy, so with any luck fry soon.
Once they get going I shall take some photos and post.

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Poked my head in the cave today Ok i used a flash light !!

Its happened he has wrigglers and they are lovely.

Once they start to become free swimming I will get some photos of the adults and hopefully get an ID right now I am going with L004 / Hypancistrus lunaorum.

Stats to follow along with some pics soon. (Once I get my new Nikon D3)
Knowing my luck it will be more L201,s !

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
Poked my head in the cave today Ok i used a flash light !!

Its happened he has wrigglers and they are lovely.

Once they start to become free swimming I will get some photos of the adults and hopefully get an ID right now I am going with L004 / Hypancistrus lunaorum.

Stats to follow along with some pics soon. (Once I get my new Nikon D3)
Knowing my luck it will be more L201,s !
I can't wait to see the photo's. Just looked up the Nikon D3, that's a serious camera (wish I had £2995 spare cash to get a camera) I will have to make do with my Konica Minolta Dimage Z3 that's about 6+ years old now.

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Nikon is a insurance replacement for my Trusty D2 Xs that went and jumped out of my hands in to a lamp post.
Taking a nice lens and Flash Gun with it.
So a nice shopping trip for camera stuff this week end.

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Hi Folks just saw a few free swimming fry today. No egg sack and quite well formed.

Male still fanning and trying to keep the fry all in one place.
The fry are around 1/4" in size and feeding so next week they will get moved to a grow on tank, once I shift some of the dam L100 fry.

I am sure the adults are Loo4 ish not L201 body is to slender for L201 and markings are wrong for L102.spots are quite small and have a yellow tinge.

Photos once I move the fry.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
[camerageekmode]Ooooo, D3, full frame yummyness, what glass you getting with it? The D4 annoucement is imminent as well, can't wait to see the specs[/camerageekmode]

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Hi Xingu
I use a 60 mm macro the Nikon 60mm AF-S
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/60mm-afs.htm
It is about the best macro lens I have used Sadly The D3 is on hold right now due to as you pointed out the D4, s imminent appearance. I am hoping the price of 2nd hand D3 x, s will fall soon.
But the trusty D2x is still and outstanding camera so right now it’s what I am sticking with.
I have looked at the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/105vr.htm
It is quite stunning I was able to test run one last week and The results are far better than my 60 mm macro.

I am thinking that it may work better as the focal length is longer.

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Just on the subject of the Nikon D4 I have seen a non working mock up, so far it is going to have 2 card slots, thunderbolt data transfer, A pretty vicious FPS rate. Some thing like 30+ Mp
A rather odd digital read out on the side of the prism,
Due next year I was told !!??