Seen This ?

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail51_132474.php

While I really don't like thinking the worst of people, my alarm bells are ringing here ........what do you guys think ?

I ran a wanted ad a short time ago, for an adult female zeb ( I know, not asking much LOL ), but this company contacted me three times saying they had them and asking how many I wanted. Now they have a breeding pair at 2.8''.

Almost too good to be true !!!!

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
a gamble i guess, without knowing the seller.
seems odd that they are selling them as a breeding pair if they have only "paired up"

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Jo, you've hit the nail on the head, exactly what I was thinking !

I was not intending making any purchases from them, just felt that anyone considering it should be very very careful !

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
perhaps the local police should be informed? any of you live near them?

Mine are over 2 years old and no breeding yet.

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Seems I'm not alone with my reservations. This ad and the other one they are running, just doesn't seem to add up. I did request pics when they said they had females, but it was no surprise when they said they didn't have any.

I posted this thread in the hope that anyone thinking about buying from them, and I am in no way saying do or don't, looks into it in considerable detail, before parting with their hard earned cash.

Scroggybank

May 2, 2009
Inverclyde, Scotland
You would need to be mad to part with your hard earned, based on this ad.
It's got scam written all over it.

Payment only by debit/credit card
Written in pigeon English
No collection
No DOA cover
No address

Is there a Newcastle in Nigeria by any chance LOL

rpp1973

Apr 26, 2009
Stroud (Gloucestershire)
The advert has been removed i see .

It did look very suspicious that they offer no DOA compensation and to me it looks like they are running their own auction (this could easy be rigged:huh:)
If they sold on e-bay then the buyer would at least have some leagal standing !

with a bit of luck no one from this site will have lost their hard earnd cash!

trc007

Jun 6, 2009
as andrew said they were on ebay aswell. a little while back they were on ebay under one name and then recently a different username displayed an almost identical advert. when the first lot went on ebay a while back i kept an eye on the sellers feedback waiting for the bad comments but no feedback was ever left........... the feedback that had already been left for other items sold was terrible. multiple people calling him a conman etc