Eheim 'stoped making filters' ?!?!?!?

Oscar300

May 8, 2009
North east uk
Hi guys,

I placed an order for a shiney new Eheim 2180 @ £310 from http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=414_180_184. After they missed the delivery day I got an email saying they were very sorry and couldnt source one but were trying. I gave them another week then rang them up. The guy (nice bloke) said that he had got in touch with Eheim direct and they had told him they have stopped making that filter for the forseable future, possible going to make some in late january but were not sure.

So I got my money back and now its not on the web site, time to start ringing round to see if some one has one on the shelf:cry:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Please in future dont put a title like that up. I nearly had a heart attack that Eheim had stopped making filters all together:cry:

Maybe they will only make them in batches so Jan will be the next run for that particular filter

Cheers

thegeeman

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
2128 is now a "discontinued"line but can still be obtained. Along with most older Eheim Filters.

I suggest you contact John Alan direct

Or await my next batch of refurbished Eheim filters being sold on E Bay

Oscar300

May 8, 2009
North east uk
Thought the title would catch a few people out, even with my spelling mistake!

I rang Charterhouse up today and they had one on the shelf, should be with me by friday hopefully. I love the 2180 as well, just fit and forget stuff. Hopefully with two on the tank I can set the temp on this one a little lower, get equal temps across the tank and have a back up should one fail (low). That and I have a full compliment of spares to hand should I need them all ready.....................just need a bloody generator now!!

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
What ones do you sell?
Hi

I refurbish old filters and sell them on E Bay

Mainly 2128,s 2324,s ect soon to have a bunch of Aquaballs for sale after Mr Gee has raided my stock.

Next batch will be a few 2126,s and some HOTB filters.

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Was the newer 2180 I have been after, have you had one come through yourself yet?

http://www.johnallanaquariums.com/default.aspx ?????
I think over the last 5 years I must have sold around 10.

I buy mainly from e bay when they are listed as faulty and repair them I also brought a bulk load from a LFS that were used as show tank filters sadly all the 2128,s have finished now

Drop me a PM I may be able to help.

Oscar300

May 8, 2009
North east uk
ooooo came on friday night but im living at work so not had chance to fit it, going to do a huge water change tonight hopefully then fit the filter tomorrow. Poor old fish, water has huge amount of tannins and a bit of a bloom going on. Going to take out the big Xingu and my oscar and put them in my 4ft with the smaller gold line. Then add the 14 baby dats out of the 4ft into the big tank.

That leaves an oscar, xingu, gold line, little sultans, little gn and my baby shovelnose in the 4ft. Filtered by an upgraded juwel jumbo 1500lph unit and a 2028 (2500lph turn over).

The big tank will then have blue eye, red fin, gold line, big wiska, pinaple, adonis, 360's, papa, 4 big datanoids and 14 babys. Filtered by 2 2180's (3500lph turn over:D, 700l tank, 600ish with wood:dk:), air by a huge kio pro pump and two bombs.

I will see how the water quality improves but might have to look into getting rid of the dats, never wanted 14 babies but hey, there good fun<3 its the big boys that are producing mega waste though, there protien monsters and know how to pollute a tank up.

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
Bud if you havent got room for all them panaques you know who to call. I'll happily help you reduce the waste levels in your tank :D

Oscar300

May 8, 2009
North east uk
lol back dam it;)

I got the filter on, 300l water change:D, tank looked a little bloomy still this morning but will give it more time. I can fit maybe another 1lt of mech ceramics in and 2lt of bio balls in the baskets so im going to abuse ebay at some point and buy a set for my now empty 2028. Fill up the 2180 so its brimming then whats left run the 2028 on the 4ft (fished the shovelnose out last night, he is getting big:drool:) just to help. Didnt move any fish, thought the stress of my buggering about all night was enough for them.

Also decided to sell the baby dats I think, there all silvers and im not that keen, they dont get as big and dramatic as the other sp of datanoids, still nice though:yes: