you ever have this happen?

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
I won a auction on AB last weekend and I got them Thursday. Nice fat healthy plecs....I noticed the female bn (common bn's) was gravid but didn't think much of it. Today I see the males fanning but figured there's no way they could have eggs yet...they just got here and was in a bag for 24hr's! Well I took a flash light and sure enough he has a big clump of eggs!

Big-B

Apr 22, 2009
Kansas City Missouri
Congrats on the spawn.:clap: Unbelievable they would spawn so soon after the stress of shipping. Do the eggs look nice and healthy, can you see what color they are? I wish you the best with them and hope you have a good hatch. :yes: Good Luck.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
that is a bit of goodluck for you.....
I'd imagine she was gravid when she was bagged up. The change in water probably spurred them on.
Good luck with the spawn :thumbup:

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
Thanks guys, It looks like the male did his job and fertilized them. I just checked with the guy that sent them and he told me it is there first spawn.....he had them in a warm room with angels so you are problely right about the temp change doing it....

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
congrats

i had a similar thing ages ago. bought adults from 2 different sources, put them in a tank together and within 24hrs male was fanning a huge clutch

now they have started they wont stop lol

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
Congrats, Chuck! Same thing happened to a pair of longfin ABNS that I purchased from a member on another forum. I've got about 60 -3week olds in the tank now. Best of all, the male won first place at the bowl show my aquarium society ran on Friday.

Have you got photos of them?