Fish Moving Plans

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
:hi:
While the new arrivals are in QT thought i'd take the time to really think about where i want them and who's going to be moving where.
So i'd appreciate some input from you all.
I've drawn up a rough plan, obviously some of the fish will have to move as they grow as well but i'll be changing my stock later down the line anyway so not so much a problem at the moment.
I think if i just list what i think will be in each tank then you can say wether you agree or not.
For the moment the 96 is staying untouched, though i may get rid of the BNs from it so could possibly move some of the small plecs in there eventually.

6ft (340ltr)
1 x Gibby (16")
1 x L001 (6")
1 x Jaguar Cichlid (6-7")
1 x Jack Dempsey (7")
1 x Syno Decorus (5-6")
1 x YoYo Loach (4")

Notes: The Joselimaianus is really picking on the Pardalis in the QT and i want them seperated, i'm hoping that he won't pick on a Plec more than twice his size, i'm sure the Gibby will show him who's Boss

Also i'm contemplating losing the YoYo, wonderful fish don't get me wrong, just not for me, maybe Bubbles will Rescue him to make friends with her Clowns ;)

4ft (190ltr)
1 x L021 (10")
1 x L239 (3")
1 x L187b (3")
1 x L190 (3.5")
1 x L091 (6")
1 x Breeding Pair of Rainbow Cichlids + some young :clap:
1 x Flying Fox (4")

Notes: Not 100% wether to put the Leporacanthicus in there, would like to leave in the 6ft but not with Mourinho in there.
Also considering losing the Epalzeorynchos, again nice fun fish just not sure.
eventually i'll need to move the Royal so he'll end up in the 6ft and the Joselimaianus will end up as compost, no just kidding i'll sell it dirt cheap, not sure apart from his attitude he's a nice looking fish.

3ft (125ltr)
1 x L021 (6-7")
1 x L200 (4-5")
1 x L264 (4-5")
1 x Hoplosternum littorale (4-5")
1 x Striped Dora (3-4")
1 x Aulonocara rubescens (4-5")

Notes: The Peacock Cichlid needs to be in higher pH i know so theres a good chance he'll be moved to my dads 4ft as he's thinking of changing his set-up to get some Kribensis in.

None of the above are set in stone and they don't account for new purchases.
Good chance i'll be getting some more Corydoras soon and they may go in the 96 they may go in the 4ft
Also i'm hopefully getting another Pleco

Future Plans definitely include The Gibby, L091, L190, L200, L239, L187b, L264, The Hoplo and Raphael and Corydoras.
The L001 and 2 Pardalis though lovely fish may move on if i haven't got another LARGE tank by then, i would like to keep the Jaguar and Rainbows and i'm sure i'm gonna get attached to the Jack even though i suspect he killed the Hoplo that was in QT oh and somewhere in here i need to think about my lovely Rubber Eel :clap:
I've been through about 4 different plans so far regards what to do so given the Tanks i have and the fish i have/want can anybody suggest anything better than the above?
Despite my ID i'm quite open to losing all the Pterygophlichtys and keeping the smaller species (and Panaques) though i'd probably kick myself if i sold the Gibby :(
Thanks Peeps

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Lmao, the joys of tank planning, i'm going through something similar myself at the mo.
i think its going to be a case of suck it and see really, i dont see too many problems with your plans, (you aren't mixing strict carnivores with wood eaters or anything) apart from the sizes of some of the fish (but you already know that), you may well find that the plans need quick changes if you find that some wont live in harmony with the others.