sex please

I

intrepidmax

Wow those are some mighty looking plecs

I would love to help you sex these but I don't know where to start with these guys. they are really cool....

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Its only the body shape that is making me say female for the first one... its clearly hairy'er than the other...

How do they behave?

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
These fish really require a topographical pic to sex as shape and genitall papilla are the only real ways to do it.

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
These fish really require a topographical pic to sex as shape and genitall papilla are the only real ways to do it.
i'll try my best, not gonna be easy though, what am i looking for? im moving the tanks soon so will be able to get some decent pics as i have to move them all.

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
get a good clear close up of their "bits" :)

there is generally a shape and form differance between male and female... dont ask me what the differances are though :D :D

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
OK....

from what I understand, the basics are that the female is more rounded with the males being more pointed and has flap of skin over it...

hmm... simple as that... :D

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
OK....

from what I understand, the basics are that the female is more rounded with the males being more pointed and has flap of skin over it...

hmm... simple as that... :D
ok.................. still lost, can anyone post any examples?

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
thanks a bunch mate, although that looks like a u shape to me?!lol! im crap at this! anyone anna breed my fish for me?!